This trek is the most favorite among all the trekkers and it takes you through amazing scenery. It is a perfect trek for beginners. Kheeranga will treat you to majestic sights of nature. Make your way most memorable through the beautiful trails with wooden bridges and slippery sections. Your eyes also feast on some picturesque waterfalls.it is a 7 to 8 hours trek to the hot spring. The night skies and lush greens of the kheerganga make this trek unique and exceptional. As you come across this trek, you will get a chance to experience a wide number of water bodies, including bountiful rivers, streams, and spectacular waterfalls. The highest trek point is 10,065 ft.
How to reach
- Bharshaini, which is 20 km from Kasol, is the starting point of kheerganga trek. You can opt for a private cab or your own vehicle from kasol to Barshaini.
- Nearest airport: Bhuntar airport
- Nearest railway station: Pathankot
Trekking routes :
The three routes to kheerganga are from Barshaini to go to kheerganga
· Ask anyone the way to Nakthan village and kheerganga after crossing the bridge. This is the shortest route; it takes around 3-4 hours with average hiking speed. This is the most popular and beautiful route to trek to Kheerganga as the route is accompanied by the river Parvati.
· Reach Kalga village and from there, there is a different route to go to Kheerganga, this route passes through dense forests. It is used by very few trekkers because this route is not popular.
· From the tosh village, there is a different trekking path. It joins near the village of Nakthan, this route is mostly used by tourists. Tosh river, which flows near Tosh village, creates a peaceful atmosphere in the area.
Barshaini has a couple of homestays, also tosh has many options to stay. There are also a number of cafes that offer hot drinks like tea, coffee, and a variety of snacks in Tosh. On the other hand, Kalga village has cheaper homestays. Prices to be paid per person are from Rs. 100 to Rs.500 per day. You can also opt for ashrams on the top of the hills, wooden houses, and even tents.
Kheerganga has a lot of variety of foods for travelers. The prices are moderate and the foods that can be easily found in this place include Chinese, Israeli, Indian and local foods of Himalaya that show its culture. Having a hot drink in the cafes with the spectacular view makes you feel like heaven.
Hot water spring in Kheerganga
A small Shiva temple that depicts the beauty of kheerganga makes this place unique. At the highest point, there is a pool with waters from hot springs, it is a thrilling experience for trekkers to dip their legs in this water, it is a great rejuvenating experience. Also, the refreshment of pine trees accompanies you.
Itinerary of Kheerganga trek
Day 1: the trekking begins from meeting representatives Barshaini, i.e, from Bunnter to Barshaini, a small village near kasol. The Parvati river will accompany you along the journey, the picturesque waterfalls, ethereal sky, and majestic sights make you overwhelmed. After 6 -7 hours of trekking, you will reach the Kheerganga village and witness the most beautiful landscape view from the top. After exploring and enjoying the beauty and essence of Kheerganga , dip to wash off the fatigue of the journey in the Parvati Kund. In the evening, enjoy the campfire, dance, and fun music session.
Day 2: After a delicious breakfast at the campsite, pack your bags and get ready to trek back to Barshaini. Your kheerganga trek ends here, return to your home full of memories to cherish for eternity.
Some important tips
Kheerganaga can be quite cold, so carry heavy woolen clothes even in summer. The mobile network works in Barshaini and Tosh. Kheerganga has phone connectivity but it is better to make calls before you begin the trek. Water is available at various points.
Best time for kheerganga trek
The kheerganga has a perfect and pleasant climate throughout the year, apart from a few weeks of the peak winter season. And trekking is not recommended during monsoon, it is risky and difficult during rains. During monsoon, trekking is difficult, but the trail remains open for experienced trekkers. April to November is the most favorable time to do kheerganga trek. The temperature will be from 15 degrees to 25 degrees Celsius.
Things to carry
- Led torch
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper and wipes
- Day pack Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito repellent
- Thermal inners
- Woolen cap, socks, and scarf.